Cloud Architect (AWS)
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
RevolutionParts is not just a pioneering force in the automotive eCommerce realm; we're actively seeking passionate and talented individuals to join our squad of Revolutionaries (yes, that's what we call ourselves!). As leaders in providing streamlined, user-friendly solutions, we empower automotive brands to maximize online sales. Our commitment to technology, top-notch customer service, and a profound understanding of the automotive market sets us apart. If you're ready to revolutionize the eCommerce space for automotive parts and accessories, consider joining our dynamic team of Revolutionaries.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Cloud Architect to be hands-on and lead a fast-growing A-player team with deep experience and a passion for innovation. You will be augmenting our current infrastructure automation to use IaC concepts, improving and expanding our CI/CD pipelines to ensure robust and timely delivery of application and infrastructure changes, and contributing to the evolution of our platform as we scale. Join us in building and shaping a Cloud Architecture & Operations team as we build products and technology to transform our customers.
- Design, implement, and manage RevolutionParts’ cloud infrastructure automation
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines for all RevolutionParts platform applications and infrastructure changes
- Manage RevolutionParts’ platform observability and work with other teams to ensure we have visibility into its operation
- Contribute to the architectural evolution of the RevolutionParts’ platform cloud stack as we scale
- Apply industry security best practices to ensure that RevolutionParts’ platform is secure
- Become the expert in RevolutionParts’ system architecture, and be able to concisely communicate with others about it
- Recruit, mentor, challenge, and reward high-performing engineers
- Work in an agile, small team environment focusing on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 5+ years experience working on, and managing production cloud infrastructure at scale
- 2+ years of experience leading teams as Cloud Architect
- Experience with designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines to deploy both services and infrastructure changes
- Experience implementing monitoring for production infrastructure
- Familiarity with common web platform architectures including API design, database management, etc
- Experience with IaC platforms such as Terraform
- Experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions or similar
- Hands-on experience with EKS, ECS, S3, CodeBuild, CloudWatch
- Hands-on experience with deploying AWS managed services including RDS, SQS, CloudFront at scale
- Implementation and management of CDN & WAF Solutions like Cloudflare, Amazon CloudFront or similar
- Understanding of high availability and scalability techniques at the app, API, and data tiers
- Familiarity with information security requirements, standards, and best practices
- Experience with Agile projects and development including Agile tools such as JIRA.
- Experience migrating manually managed distributed systems in AWS to an IaC platform is a plus
- Experience with leading or participating in certification processes such as ISO27001, SOC2 Type II is a big plus
- Experience leading a team of Cloud engineers
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Strong communication skills
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
- Experience leading and working with remote teams
- Authorization to work in the US now and in the future
Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! Research shows that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other underrepresented groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Revolution Parts, we are Revolutionaries. We build tools, products, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thoughts, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
RevolutionParts is proud to provide all full-time Revolutionaries with a comprehensive employment package including competitive compensation, career development, benefits, 401K match, parental leave, and many more valuable perks. You can learn more about our core-value driven culture at our career page.
RevolutionParts is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, genetic information, veteran status, or disability status.