Business Development Director
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
RevolutionParts is dedicated to modernizing the auto industry through our parts e-commerce platform. And we are pretty great at it too! We have enabled thousands of dealerships to sell auto parts online by transforming the way buyers and sellers connect.
And not only are we dedicated to revolutionizing the auto industry; we are also passionate about building a revolutionary team. Our Revolutionaries (as we call ourselves) are talented humans who have a shared goal of delivering an exceptional product and customer experience. Plus, we have fun while doing it!
RevolutionParts is looking for an experienced Business Development Director with a fundamental understanding of eCommerce, general online selling and/or marketplaces, ideally in the auto parts vertical. As a Business Development Director, you will be responsible for creating, developing, and enhancing the opportunity pipeline through research, live meetings, supporting data, and customer communications. You will manage a book of business, active pipeline and target opportunities for success against goals & KPIs. Additionally, you will support project-based work on BD team operations, strategic support, and program development
- Create and enhance opportunity pipeline through research, live meetings, supporting data, and customer communications
- Manage a book of business, active pipeline and target opportunities for success against goals & KPIs
- Project-based work on BD team operations, strategic support, and program development
- Create customer-facing meeting content, presentations, supporting data points, and key information to share
- Drive client meetings from agenda through probing questions, qualifying needs, and presenting RP value prop
- Access and analyze related data and analytics to determine opportunity areas, highlights for client and to inform strategic decisions
- Work with various internal teams to support opportunity needs, plan successful models, and support client requests
- Provide pipeline forecasting and program readouts
- Track and oversee early-stage opportunity-base projects with stakeholders, action items, and deliverables
- Independently and self-driven prospecting for opportunities, new opportunity models, potential partners and generally expanding BD revenue and accounts penetration
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 7+ years of business development or sales experience, ideally within the auto vertical, parts, and accessories
- Core instincts toward selling, solutioning, building big win-win partnerships and programs with a revenue/metrics north star
- Functional understanding of legal agreement flow for MPA/MSA, SOW, LOA/LOU, and ability to interface with Legal Dept. and liaison with client’s legal/agreements process
- Ability to create client program GTM plans based on deal engagement/design and client needs/strategy
- Become a brand ambassador and solutions expert for RP Platform and solutions offerings within the automotive eCommerce industry/vertical
- Highly comfortable with RP value-prop: platform & product/solutions, packages & offerings, capable of delivering a compelling and proficient product demo on-demand
- Ability to collaborate with various internal teams on opportunities, program setup, and team or client needs - team player
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Some ability to travel to live client meetings, industry events and tradeshows, and other team events as needed <20%
- Knowledge of basic digital marketing is a plus
RevolutionParts is proud to provide all full-time Revolutionaries with a comprehensive employment package including competitive compensation, career development, benefits, 401K match, parental leave, and many more valuable perks. You can learn more about our core-value driven culture at our career page.
RevolutionParts is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, genetic information, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at RevolutionParts
Something looks off?