Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is the first point of contact for many new customers. This role involves making outbound calls to prospective customers and scheduling appointments, demos, and consultations with the sales team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing a high volume of outbound calls daily to cold & warm prospects (100+ per day) and following up with a high volume of leads quickly.
- Makes contact with prospective customers (small business owners) to schedule appointments and demos and consultations with the Account Execute sales teams.
- Assesses quickly the quality of a prospect to determine the viability of sales opportunities.
- Qualifying, and scheduling demos for potential customers
- Documents detail like customer profiles, responses, and next steps using Salesforce and Outreach
- Listens actively to understand what customers need and confidentiality communicating value propositions.
- Prioritizes opportunities and applies appropriate resources and timely customer followup.
- Researches, develops, and implements sales strategies and tactics to drive more demos.
- Becomes an expert on technology and target markets.
- Achieves monthly metrics, and weekly and daily targets as established.
- Builds strong business networks in and outside the organization.
- Collaborates with the team to improve processes and add efficiencies for the team.
- Adapts to process changes and continuous improvement ideas as tests and benchmarks new ideas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- Minimum GED or High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration Preferred
- (1) to (2)+ years of prior hands-on work experience in a similar sales or sales development role.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal. (includes effective and persuasive communications skills over the phone, via email or in person).
- Computer Savvy with solid knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and technically proficient with experience with various web technologies (able to present pros/cons, use cases/examples, trends, and all that good stuff).
- Must be proficient with online meeting software, web conferencing tools, CRMs and Sales Engagement tools ( Salesforce and Sales acceleration tools, such as Outreach or Salesloft,, Salesforce, or Yesware.
- Strong organization and time management skills and ability to work independently while being results driven in a fast paced SaaS Environment.
- Proven track record of success and over-achievement (in work or school-based setting).
- Ability to think on one's feet to creatively solve our prospects’ business needs.
- Numerically literate and data driven, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and Comfortable meeting and exceeding monthly quotas and handling rejections.
- Must be a self starter with a positive attitude, confident, and desire to be the best.
- Team player who enjoys and comfortable wearing many hats and juggling multiple tasks , while inspiring everyone around you to do great work.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear, to walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.