Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative
Medplace is one of the top early-stage tech startups in Phoenix, AZ. We have an exciting business, happy customers, and we’re looking for your help to continue to grow! Are you a positive and hardworking person who gets excited to make a difference? As an important member of our sales team, you will be responsible for generating a pipeline in the form of qualified opportunities. Our Sales Development Representatives play a critical part in achieving our ambitious objectives. We love our jobs and want you to love yours, too. No politics. Every day is new. What you do has a direct and immediate impact.
Medplace was founded on the idea that cutting-edge technology and human-centered design can change medicine. Called the “Uber for medical experts”, Medplace combines advanced workflow automation and a national network of top practicing doctors and nurses, to create a disruptively efficient method for companies to find and engage medical practitioners. Medplace is a two-sided marketplace, and we’re proud of our very high user satisfaction on both sides. Our customers are companies, like hospitals, insurance carriers, law firms, and third-party administrators.
About Your Team
Our sales and marketing teams are packed with ambitious and creative people who always look for ways to combine hard work with tech tools so we can grow faster and smarter. We each own our specific goals but work together very closely. Because we are early, we don’t have everything figured out. This means you have the chance to be creative, entrepreneurial, and the freedom to try non-standard things.
- Be proactive. Use calling, email, LinkedIn, and other methods to contact institutions and businesses who may benefit from our powerful platform and network.
- Build a pipe. Use inbound leads and your own outbound prospecting to build a healthy pipeline of qualified prospects for the Medplace solutions.
- Run demos of the Medplace solution to interested prospects.
- Sales is a team sport. Unlike most companies, you get direct access to the Medplace executive team to help win business, and your marketing team is at your fingertips.
- Drive increased engagement in the pipeline through effective questions, conversations and relationship management. We give you lots of automation and tools to help you feel like you are prospecting with bionic abilities.
- Find and develop champions within the prospect organization that can evangelize internally on our behalf.
- Occasionally go to a trade show to meet our next customers face-to-face.
- Think creatively. We’re a start-up and open to new ideas.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain prospect information and keep comprehensive and up-to-date information daily in our CRM system.
- Represent the Medplace brand by giving an excellent client experience to each contact.
- Develop your pipeline, and as you grow, transition to a Senior SDR or even an Account Executive!
Skills and Competencies
- 1+ years of prospecting/pipeline generation experience
- Amazing on the phone. Great on email.
- Comfortable with CRM systems – HubSpot preferred
- Nice to have: experience with ZoomInfo and HubSpot
- Soft skills required with Outlook and other Microsoft products
- Empathetic to others and good humored (we like to have fun and not take ourselves too seriously)
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced, sometimes-ambiguous setting
- Dynamic, driven, and highly competitive
If these words describe you then you'll fit right in:
- Naturally curious
- Intellectually honest
- Exceeds expectations
On Target Earnings
The bulk of your compensation comes form performance. This role can earn well into six figures if performing at ranges already established by others in this role.