Senior Platform Engineer, Subscriber Data Platform Team
Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
** We are not open to working with external agencies on this role and are only considering candidates based in North America**
About the role
As a Senior Platform Engineer on the Subscriber Data Platform team, you will bring your passion for data architecture and pipeline design to super charge Postscript’s product teams with best in class features. You will be tasked with designing, building, and scaling data pipelines, orchestrating data flow throughout our system, and enabling our AI efforts via our data strategy.
Our data platform is the engine behind Postscript’s most powerful features. We integrate data from our many partners, integrations, and internal applications themselves to empower our users with intelligent and highly personalized marketing tools that support Postscript’s mission of making SMS the #1 revenue channel for our merchants. Some of the areas that Subscriber Data Platform own are:
- Segmentation engine that enables hyper targeted messaging
- Data integrations with 3rd party platforms like Shopify
- Data pipelines to support our BI and Data Science initiatives
Our backend stack is currently Python, within a mostly monolithic, AWS-managed architecture, which is in various stages of refactoring to accommodate our increasing scalability/complexity challenges. You will be responsible for building out and modifying existing pipelines, designing persistence solutions for the large amount of data we store, and making data accessible to our product teams via APIs and event emissions.
Your passion for building high-scale data pipelines, storage, and APIs will lead you to have a tremendous impact on Postscript architecture and data availability across our platform. In addition you will have the opportunity to influence engineering culture and architecture as a whole within Postscript engineering. If you’re up for the challenge this is an amazing opportunity to level up the impact in your career!
- Architect, build, and maintain scalable production data pipelines
- Originate and propagate events to downstream consumers in our system
- Maintain and provision infrastructure via AWS and Terraform
- Lead and influence the team with strong architectural opinions and vision
- Troubleshoot and firefight high priority issues and propose and implement solutions that automate recurring issues
- Work closely with product and other engineers on your team to deliver a high quality, world-class product
- Take ownership and get creative with your solutions, dive into bold ideas in order to achieve outstanding results
- Contribute to the health of the team through honest and direct feedback as we iterate and improve on our SDLC processes and procedures
- Lead group sessions and participate in the product to engineering project lifecycle to actively ensure your team is guided by product-focused architecture and implementation to achieve our goals
- Guide your team to make optimal technical and infrastructure decisions, using POCs and new technologies to drive change
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, standards, and learning opportunities
- Be accountable for communicating transparently and proactively, defining scope, breaking down and estimating tasks, risk and change management
What We’ll Love About You
- Experience designing and building elegant data pipelines
- Relishing in exciting scalability challenges
- Fearless in your pursuit of excellent results
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
- Experience standing up and monitoring infrastructure in the cloud (AWS preferred)
- Excellent communicator and love helping others
- Empathy for internal and external users
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote work experience is a plus
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $170,000 to $200,000 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Remote team - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
For information about how we use your personal data, please see our U.S. Job Applicant Privacy Notice
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.