Senior Backend Engineer
Qwick is changing the way people work. We match hospitality freelancers with businesses shift-by-shift through a technology-driven, app-based staffing platform. Our unique matching algorithm pairs top-rated, talented professionals with shifts that match their skillset. If you're eager to make a difference in the hospitality industry and tech space, love what you do, and lead with empathy and transparency, we want to hear from you!
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our dynamic team where we move fast and focus on valuable features. We’re looking for an engineer that’ll dive deep into the stack, clean up tools and workflows as you go, and be willing to touch anything and everything.
Our tech stack is end-to-end ReasonML: strictly typed with pure IO monads, point-free style, and consistent code conventions. We dev off a mono repo and deploy thousands of lines of code from DB to UI with confidence and no runtime exceptions. Deployment through k8s on AWS and CICD through GitLab.
You’ll be a great fit if you…
- Love building robust software with functional programming languages
- Lead the end-to-end software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Manage and extend backend applications, CI/CD workflows, observability, and Kubernetes deployments
- Modern dev practices: code reviews, active collaboration, and communication with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, to deliver innovative and scalable software.
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions, ensuring scalability, maintainability, and performance of software applications.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in one or more pure functional programming languages (such as ReasonML, OCaml, Haskell, Scala, F#) and a solid understanding of software development principles, such as IO, bind, map, etc
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer or similar role.
- Extensive experience in software infrastructure, such as: Docker, Linux, Kubernetes, CI/CD, bash, Terraform
- Experience with modern software development practices, including Agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Our cultural values are an important part of who we are and what we're building:
- Free to be us - We embrace diversity within mindsets, ideas, race, culture, background, and the things that make us uniquely us.
- Hustle responsibly - We work hard and we make time to rest and play in order to stay our best.
- Stand up for what's right - We don’t just do the right thing, but we hold others accountable to act with integrity as well.
- We are human - We act with compassion to take care of ourselves, our team, our families, and the Qwick network.
- Constantly curious - We seek knowledge from within and outside of Qwick and are continually learning through our successes and challenges.
- Never give up - We welcome change, celebrate failure, and always keep moving forward.
Benefits (if eligible) Include:
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid office environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability benefits
- Pet benefits
Qwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.