Senior Software Engineer (.NET/C#)
Who We Are
Rivia Health is a seed-stage, entering Series A, B2B SaaS software startup at the intersection of fintech and healthcare tech. We're on a mission to transform the medical billing experience by merging the worlds of technology and healthcare to solve patient and provider pain points and bring ease and efficiency to healthcare payments.
Our mobile-first technology suite helps healthcare provider organizations increase overall patient payments, speed up cash flow, lower operating costs, and improve the patient experience. We help improve economic outcomes for patients and providers, delivering a 500%-2,000% return on investment for provider groups, making safe financing options available, and preventing patients from being sent to collections.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead development initiatives for the Rivia Health product. As a Senior Software Engineer you will work across teams to solve problems for our customers and add value to our product. This will involve identifying and refining solutions in a complex user:buyer environment, working with our Product, Customer Success, and Sales teams to bring those solutions to market.
To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for bringing ideas to life and be an excellent communicator, as well as be a critical problem solver and be able to handle high pressure situations.
What You’ll Do:
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain scalable and high-performance software applications using .NET 8, .NET MVC, Blazor, Azure App Services, Azure Functions, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, and Snowflake.
· Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while following best practices in software development.
· Participate in architectural and technical design discussions to help drive innovative solutions.
· Work closely with product and operations to understand end-user requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
· Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality standards.
· Debug, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects and issues in a timely manner.
· Mentor junior engineers, sharing your knowledge and expertise to help them grow professionally.
· Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices to continuously improve our products and development processes.
What You Need:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
· 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering, with a focus on web application development, web API development, and database optimization using the .NET stack.
· Proficiency in .NET 8, .NET MVC, Blazor, Azure App Services, Azure Functions, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, and Snowflake.
· Strong understanding of software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
· Experience with modern software development practices, including Agile methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Healthcare industry experience is a plus, but not required.
What You Will Get
· Competitive annual salary compensation package.
· Unlimited paid vacation and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Parental Leave, ancillary plans, and 401k.
· Remote work environment and flexible hours with a friendly and passionate team.
· A chance to be at the forefront of bringing the empowerment and convenience of automation and mobile technology to the healthcare revenue cycle industry.
Where We Are
We are a fully remote team with members across Arizona, Texas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, and Ohio!
Rachel, our Co-Founder and CEO, is actively involved in the Phoenix startup community. She is a member of StartupAZCollective, a mentor and recruiting employer for Girls in Tech Phoenix, and an advisory board member of the Phoenix Healthcare Tech Council. Rachel is also a member of WBL, Women Business Leaders of the US Health Care Industry Foundation.
Recognition We Have Received
Rivia Health has been recognized as an Arizona Innovation Competition Awardee, 2X Venture Madness Finalist, AZBio Finalist in Second Place, Voted Top 20 Companies to Watch in AZ by UnMet, Voted #9 Top Startup in Phoenix by Crunchbase, and Flinn Foundation Scholarship Awardee as well as a graduate of the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation.
Outside of Phoenix, Rivia Health won first place at the Global Health Summit Innovation Competition in early 2020, was recognized by The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) as one of five finalists for the Startup Cup competition for the most innovative solution for bending the healthcare industry cost curve and were interviewed as finalists at Y-Combinator in 2018.
Rivia Health is backed by four seed-stage venture capital firms and a group of strategic angel investors including, Brenda Schmidt (Founder and CEO of Solera Health), Mick Murray (Former CFO of Blue Shield California), Heidi Jannenga (Co-Founder and Chief Clinical Officer of WebPT), and Matt Wandoloski (Former CEO of United Healthcare), among others.