Customer Success Manager (Phoenix, AZ based)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Trainual is a team of 100+ super-talented folks obsessed with making small business easier. And while our team members come with diverse experiences, we’re united by our passion for making ideas happen. We launched the world’s first playbook tool in 2018, and today, thousands of companies in nearly every industry use it to scale their teams.
We’re a great place to work. AZCentral named Trainual the #1 place to work in Arizona. And Inc recognized us on their 2021, 2022, and 2023 Best Workplaces list. But we can’t say we blame them. We’re a hybrid team with an unwavering culture that recognizes everyone’s impact matters.
We’ve got benefits on benefits. Above market pay, an annual experience fund, 4 weeks paid vacation (plus 5 sick days), the latest tech, parental leave, 401k matching, free One Medical subscription, and top-notch health care - just to name a few.
We’re disrupting the SMB industry. Our goal is to equip every team with a winning playbook. One that provides clarity around who does what and how. And with 7k small businesses scaling what they do with Trainual, we’re only scratching the surface.
We’re in good company. In June 2021, we closed a $27M Series B round. And we partner with some of the biggest names in small business, including Shark Tank star Daymond John, Slack, Loom, the cast of The Office, and more.
We all own what we’re building. Everyone who works at Trainual has life-changing pre-IPO equity. That way, you can be proud of what we’re building and sleep well knowing your teammates are (literally) just as invested as you are.
Trainual is adding another Customer Success Manager to our incredible team. Our CSM team functions as a true team to deliver results for their book of business. In this role you’ll be working alongside a small, highly-skilled group of CSMs to collectively manage Trainual’s highest value customers. As a Customer Success Manager you will actively support, strategize and deliver exceptional outcomes for your book of business, resulting in outperformance on your Net Revenue Retention (NRR) goals. We trust and empower our CSMs to deliver results!
So, who are you? You're an experienced CSM from high-value, fast-paced environment and you love working on a collaborative team. You thrive in startup environments and enjoy adapting your style, troubleshooting sticky problems, and delivering exceptional service to highly demanding customers. If this sounds familiar, then you’re DEFINITELY in the right place. This Customer Experience team is collaborative, supportive, encouraging, and obsessed with our customers. We’re looking for the right person to help elevate our entire CX operation while delivering incredible value to their customers. Sound like you? Keep reading on.
What you'll own & improve:
- Managing a collective book of business You’re no lone-wolf CSM. You love teamwork and will be collectively managing a book of business with 2-4 other CSMs as well as building strong stakeholder relationships with your client base. You’ll utilize account-based triggers to proactively engage with accounts, keep them on track, and address issues that arise to drive client satisfaction.
- Driving customer success If you’ve been reading, this should come to no surprise! CS at Trainual is a collaborative effort with clients to develop strategic plans to help achieve their goals. Your expertise & industry knowledge will provide guidance and understanding of our product functionality and best practices to maximize value. You’ll conduct regular check-ins and business reviews to assess progress, identify opportunities for improvement, and ensure alignment with their objectives.
- Generating positive net revenue retention Happy customers mean retained customers - retained customers mean positive net revenue retention… Win-win! You’ll actively monitor clients’ usage and adoption of our product and services while identifying upsell/cross-sell/expansion opportunities along the way. You’ll collaborate with your team to help curb churn and downsells through proactive customer engagement and relationship building.
- Advocating for customers You LOVE customers (obvs) and will always strive to enhance their overall experience. You’ll serve as the voice of the customer within the organization and provide insights to product management, marketing, and all other relevant teams. You’ll rally around the needs of the customer, making sure their feedback is heard and addressed quickly and effectively.
What you already know:
- Proven experience in customer success, account management, sales or a similar client-facing role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and effectively convey complex ideas both internally and externally
- Highly skilled in revenue-generating conversations that produce mutually beneficial outcomes for the customer and the company
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and align them with product capabilities
- Familiarity with CRM software and customer success tools
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction
About the Team:
This role reports to our incredible VP Customer Experience, Adam Lovill. You’ll collaborate with other members of the CX team as well as stakeholders across the organization.
This role (and every other in CX!) is expected to be in the office every Wednesday for team collaboration.
The base salary for this role $50,000 - 72,500, based on relevant role experience & environment in SaaS capacities.
Competitive salary: We pay at or above market salary in most cases and leverage extensive amounts of data to ensure everyone is paid well.
Health insurance: We cover 100% of the employee premiums and significantly subsidize family plans. We use
Justworks to make benefits easy. We offer additional healthcare resources like RedirectHealth, OneMedical, FSA, and HSA. Plus all HSA-compatible plans are met with a company HSA match of up to $1,000 a year.
Dental & vision: We offer subsidized dental and vision coverage.
Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance: We cover 100% of the premiums for Short Term Disability Insurance and 1x salary Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary disability and life insurance through our provider.
Paid time off: 4 weeks of paid vacation. 5 days of paid sick time. 12 paid holidays.
Paid parental leave, including adoption: 8 weeks of fully paid time off.
401k with a 3% matching through Guideline 401(k).
Experience stipend: Up to $500 per year to experience something new - whether that’s a new ice cream flavor or a new country.
Great tools: Each employee receives a Mac laptop and a 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need.
Complete transparency: Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Show Up Ready: Plan enough to pull it off, and pivot if needed. For our customers and our co-workers, we embody preparation and order. We work from an agenda. We start and end meetings on time. We put in the effort to polish what we present, all in an effort to build trust with those around us. When a company hires Trainual, they expect an experience that feels simple. The appearance of simplicity requires tremendous planning and preparation, so this characteristic has to be a core trait of everyone that works here.
Make Ideas Happen: Execute on what you innovate. We don’t just tolerate change, and go along for the ride; we drive change. Companies are like cruise ships, and turning them can take some time. But turning the wheel happens in just a few seconds. It’s the decision to redirect, and to make something different. It’s the vantage point at the front of the boat where you can see where you’re heading, before anyone else knows. We are the ones to initiate this change. It’s up to us to have the vision, to always look forward, and to spot obstacles and opportunities before they become issues.
Carry the Groceries: Carry extra weight without being asked. Go above and beyond whenever you sense a need. Look for opportunities to impress, and be ready to roll your sleeves up to make someone else’s life a little easier. It’s what we do. "Before starting my first business, I bagged groceries at a supermarket in Massachusetts. No one ever expected me to carry the groceries to the car, but when I did, it made their day. It’s such a simple thing, and took only an extra minute of my time, but it made a tremendous difference in that customer’s experience at the store. At Trainual, be helpful everywhere possible." - Chris Ronzio, CEO
No Red Tape: Work hard to make every process easy. There is nothing more frustrating than a bureaucratic process, and you won’t find one here. Never make customers or coworkers jump through hoops. Don’t let policy supersede logic. You’ll never go wrong making things easier on others, so challenge every system that could have fewer steps, more automation, and less complexity.
Collect Experiences: Have endless curiosity for a new perspective and knowledge. We work with people in all different industries, from all different walks of life. In order to build trust, understand the real picture, and help create change, we need to build real relationships. Listen to others, and relate to them. Be an experience collector, so that you have an endless supply of topics that can be used to find common ground.
Everyone has a Key: In results we trust. You'll notice from your first day that every employee at Trainual literally has a key to the office. We trust you, or we wouldn't have hired you. Some people say trust is earned, but we believe that trust is the default. Everyone carries their weight, and everyone is an owner of what we are building. We won't tell you exactly how to get the job done -- you won't find micromanagement here. So, remember that your productivity is measured by your impact and your effort.
Hybrid Work at Trainual
At Trainual, we believe everyone has a key, literally. This value means you are an owner of your experience, productivity, and growth. We know everyone is different - productive at different times of day, in different settings, with different types of work. So what does this mean for the future of work at Trainual?
TL;DR - Work when, where, and how you work best.
- Anyone can work from the office at any time. We often have remote folks in town working from our PHX office!
- If you live in Phoenix, there is not a specific requirement of days worked in the office, but our motto is "we like to see you more than we don't!"
- If you want to relocate to PHX, we will help make that happen! We want everyone to have a community, trusted relationships, easy collaboration, and a clear path for growth while maintaining autonomy, ownership, and flexibility.
- Regardless of where you live or how often you come to the office, Trainual has the expectation that when you are “at work” whether that’s at the office or working from home, you are in a distraction free environment. This includes having full time childcare.
Location: 70% of our team is based out of Phoenix, AZ and our preference for new team members is local due to the ease of ad hoc collaboration and community building. However, we know great talent lives all over! If you don't live in Arizona and are interested in working at Trainual, we will consider each state on a case-by-case basis due to the implications of doing business in each state.
Visa Sponsorship: We welcome and support people of all different backgrounds (18% of our team was either born or raised outside of the US)! However, due to the constraints of being a small startup, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time. Check out our blog with more details here: https://trainual.com/trainual-embraces-remote-first/
I’m getting the feeling that you’re ready to click that apply button.
If you don’t tick every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks. We prioritize hiring incredible human beings over simply ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Join us in building the turnkey operations manual and playbook solution for companies all over the world! We know you want to.