Account Executive (Boston, MA based)
Sales & Business Development
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Trainual is a team of 100+ super-talented folks obsessed with making small business easier. And while our team members come with diverse experiences, we’re united by our passion for making ideas happen. We launched the world’s first playbook tool in 2018, and today, thousands of companies in nearly every industry use it to scale their teams.
We’re a great place to work. AZCentral named Trainual the #1 place to work in Arizona. And Inc recognized us on their 2021, 2022, and 2023 Best Workplaces list. But we can’t say we blame them. We’re a hybrid team with an unwavering culture that recognizes everyone’s impact matters.
We’ve got benefits on benefits. Above market pay, an annual experience fund, 4 weeks paid vacation (plus 5 sick days), the latest tech, parental leave, 401k matching, free One Medical subscription, and top-notch health care - just to name a few.
We’re disrupting the SMB industry. Our goal is to equip every team with a winning playbook. One that provides clarity around who does what and how. And with 7k small businesses scaling what they do with Trainual, we’re only scratching the surface.
We’re in good company. In June 2021, we closed a $27M Series B round. And we partner with some of the biggest names in small business, including Shark Tank star Daymond John, Slack, Loom, the cast of The Office, and more.
We all own what we’re building. Everyone who works at Trainual has life-changing pre-IPO equity. That way, you can be proud of what we’re building and sleep well knowing your teammates are (literally) just as invested as you are.
At Trainual, we're not just building an onboarding and training product; we're shaping how businesses empower their teams. You’ve probably noticed by now, we aren’t your ordinary SaaS startup. We operate with intentionality as we scale and our sales team is no exception. Rather than a churn-and-burn cold calling team, we take a consultative approach to our warm, marketing-generated inbound leads. Our established inbound motion is proven to drive revenue, and we're looking for our next Account Executive to accelerate this success.
So, who are you? You’re passionate and results-oriented. You thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environments and love rolling up your sleeves to be the person to tackle problems head-on with value-matching presentations. You enjoy a ‘lil friendly competition, but wouldn’t compromise the quality of a deal for a quick buck. Most importantly - you love customers, have a knack for building relationships, and a big appetite for success in your sales career. You’re on a mission to break the “used car salesperson” stereotype by helping businesses thrive through thoughtful, consultative solution selling.
What you will own & improve:
- Revenue Generation/Acceleration Bingo! If you haven’t guessed it yet, the primary objective of an Account Executive is to drive revenue growth by effectively leveraging our established inbound motion and to not be afraid of a lot of pivoting and testing to support company goals. This involves proactively qualifying leads, engaging with key decision-makers, and effectively articulating the value proposition of Trainual.
- Meeting Sales Targets Growing new business means meeting or exceeding sales targets and revenue goals. This entails effectively managing the sales pipeline, prioritizing prospects, and advancing deals through the various stages of the sales process. With strong negotiation and closing skills, you should consistently convert leads into paying customers and achieve or surpass the set sales quotas.
- Teamwork and Collaboration We are a collaborative bunch! You’ll be collaborating effectively with your teammates primarily within revenue driving and retention supporting positions. Whether it’s Customer Success, Marketing, or Product, you’ll be aligning to overall company objectives and working as a team.
What you already know:
- Consultative & solution selling Feature sellers need-not apply. You have the ability to adopt a consultative approach, listen to prospects to understand their requirements, and then, align the solution's benefits with their specific needs. You are empathetic and capable of building relationships based on trust and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to guide customers through the buying process by means of group and individual product demonstrations.
- Communication skills - Written and verbal communication proficiency is a non-negotiable trade as a Trainual seller. We have a unique, personable brand and we need our sellers to exemplify as such. You are succinct and a creative communicator who effectively gets to the punch line using less “fluff” and formalities. In essence, you “write like you talk”.
- How to negotiate This is the most fun part of the sales game! You know when to speak, what pain points to circle back to, and how to get customers to say HECK YES by the end of your interactions. You understand the importance of win-win outcomes and aim for mutually beneficial agreements. Last, but certainly not least - you have a proven ability to identify and address objections or concerns raised by prospects and skillfully overcome them through effective communication and problem-solving.
- CRM management & technical tool knowledge You’re data-driven and organized when using a CRM (e.g. HubSpot, Salesforce). You know how to effectively manage a deal through appropriate stages and take pride in your pristine pipeline to support forecasting analytics. You dive in fast to get familiar with systems quickly and love adding more tools to your tool belt.
How success is measured:
- We’re speedy and use our own product to provide you everything you need for ramping quickly. You’re up to full productivity within 2-3 weeks of your start date and already beginning to take 1:1 calls with prospects.
- After 3 months, you’ll be selling toward a fully ramped MRR quota, but you’re not even sweating it because you’re already killin’ it by month 2. *PSA: This is a volume-based position, so expect to sell about 5 deals/week.
- You’re already feeling into a complete sales rhythm by month 6 - you can navigate answers to questions through the right resources and communication channels, and you’re on path to start hitting consistency bonuses because you take feedback and implement it like a boss.
About the team:
You’ll be reporting directly to our Director of Sales, Sara Beech, and working closely with your fellow established Account Executives.
The compensation for this role will be dependent on relevant experience identified in the interview process. Base will range from $51-63k with total OTE at $105-120k (level dependent).
Competitive salary: We pay at or above market salary in most cases and leverage extensive amounts of data to ensure everyone is paid well.
Health insurance: We cover 100% of the employee premiums and significantly subsidize family plans. We use
Justworks to make benefits easy. We offer additional healthcare resources like RedirectHealth, OneMedical, FSA, and HSA. Plus all HSA-compatible plans are met with a company HSA match of up to $1,000 a year.
Dental & vision: We offer subsidized dental and vision coverage.
Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance: We cover 100% of the premiums for Short Term Disability Insurance and 1x salary Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary disability and life insurance through our provider.
Paid time off: 4 weeks of paid vacation. 5 days of paid sick time. 12 paid holidays.
Paid parental leave, including adoption: 8 weeks of fully paid time off.
401k with a 3% matching through Guideline 401(k).
Experience stipend: Up to $500 per year to experience something new - whether that’s a new ice cream flavor or a new country.
Great tools: Each employee receives a Mac laptop and a 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need.
Complete transparency: Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Show Up Ready: Plan enough to pull it off, and pivot if needed. For our customers and our co-workers, we embody preparation and order. We work from an agenda. We start and end meetings on time. We put in the effort to polish what we present, all in an effort to build trust with those around us. When a company hires Trainual, they expect an experience that feels simple. The appearance of simplicity requires tremendous planning and preparation, so this characteristic has to be a core trait of everyone that works here.
Make Ideas Happen: Execute on what you innovate. We don’t just tolerate change, and go along for the ride; we drive change. Companies are like cruise ships, and turning them can take some time. But turning the wheel happens in just a few seconds. It’s the decision to redirect, and to make something different. It’s the vantage point at the front of the boat where you can see where you’re heading, before anyone else knows. We are the ones to initiate this change. It’s up to us to have the vision, to always look forward, and to spot obstacles and opportunities before they become issues.
Carry the Groceries: Carry extra weight without being asked. Go above and beyond whenever you sense a need. Look for opportunities to impress, and be ready to roll your sleeves up to make someone else’s life a little easier. It’s what we do. "Before starting my first business, I bagged groceries at a supermarket in Massachusetts. No one ever expected me to carry the groceries to the car, but when I did, it made their day. It’s such a simple thing, and took only an extra minute of my time, but it made a tremendous difference in that customer’s experience at the store. At Trainual, be helpful everywhere possible." - Chris Ronzio, CEO
No Red Tape: Work hard to make every process easy. There is nothing more frustrating than a bureaucratic process, and you won’t find one here. Never make customers or coworkers jump through hoops. Don’t let policy supersede logic. You’ll never go wrong making things easier on others, so challenge every system that could have fewer steps, more automation, and less complexity.
Collect Experiences: Have endless curiosity for a new perspective and knowledge. We work with people in all different industries, from all different walks of life. In order to build trust, understand the real picture, and help create change, we need to build real relationships. Listen to others, and relate to them. Be an experience collector, so that you have an endless supply of topics that can be used to find common ground.
Everyone has a Key: In results we trust. You'll notice from your first day that every employee at Trainual literally has a key to the office. We trust you, or we wouldn't have hired you. Some people say trust is earned, but we believe that trust is the default. Everyone carries their weight, and everyone is an owner of what we are building. We won't tell you exactly how to get the job done -- you won't find micromanagement here. So, remember that your productivity is measured by your impact and your effort.
Hybrid Work at Trainual
At Trainual, we believe everyone has a key, literally. This value means you are an owner of your experience, productivity, and growth. We know everyone is different - productive at different times of day, in different settings, with different types of work. So what does this mean for the future of work at Trainual?
TL;DR - Work when, where, and how you work best.
- Anyone can work from the office at any time. We often have remote folks in town working from our PHX office!
- If you live in Phoenix, there is not a specific requirement of days worked in the office, but our motto is "we like to see you more than we don't!"
- If you want to relocate to PHX, we will help make that happen! We want everyone to have a community, trusted relationships, easy collaboration, and a clear path for growth while maintaining autonomy, ownership, and flexibility.
- Regardless of where you live or how often you come to the office, Trainual has the expectation that when you are “at work” whether that’s at the office or working from home, you are in a distraction free environment. This includes having full time childcare.
Location: 70% of our team is based out of Phoenix, AZ and our preference for new team members is local due to the ease of ad hoc collaboration and community building. However, we know great talent lives all over! If you don't live in Arizona and are interested in working at Trainual, we will consider each state on a case-by-case basis due to the implications of doing business in each state.
Visa Sponsorship: We welcome and support people of all different backgrounds (18% of our team was either born or raised outside of the US)! However, due to the constraints of being a small startup, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time. Check out our blog with more details here: https://trainual.com/trainual-embraces-remote-first/
I’m getting the feeling that you’re ready to click that apply button.
If you don’t tick every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks. We prioritize hiring incredible human beings over simply ticking boxes – so if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
Join us in building the turnkey operations manual and playbook solution for companies all over the world! We know you want to.