Scientific Officer- Behavioral Research
Televeda works with government, public-health & community-based organizations to design and implement solutions and products that promote social connectedness. The Behavioral Scientist will leverage key psychologies to drive the full life-cycle of our projects and lead our overall research strategy and portfolio development by collaborating with design, product & partnership teams.
- Lead advisory work, through scientific and academic analysis
- Collect data through a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Analyze and draw conclusions from collected data. Design investigative research modules relating to behavioral health
- Interface with research labs and partnerships with other universities to collaborate on research
- Collaborate with writers, product and key-stakeholders to develop research proposals
- Assist with grant development and strategic project selection in behavioral science
- Improve partnership models and new collaboration opportunities with local and international academics and research institutions. Networking and convening academic and practitioner partners, funders and peer organizations;
- Placing our learnings in the broader research and scientific discourse and communicating these internally and externally;
- Deepen and cultivate relationships with research institutions, funders, government and other actors within the behavioral science research community;
- 3-5+ years of professional experience applying behavioral science in a real-world work environment, and building collaborations with scientific and academic institutions.
- Established research record (including publications, presentations and service to the scientific community) specifically within behavioral science or related fields.
- Demonstrate track record of securing research (scientific and applied) funding
- Ability to design studies, write study questions and glean insights from datasets and experiments
- Ability to mock up medium-fidelity designs that represent proposals
- Collaborate with and advise other public health professionals, policymakers or other groups Communicate findings in a clear, concise manner using quantitative & qualitative approaches
- Extremely persuasive and high level written communication skills for reporting & presentations